Wednesday 19 June 2013

Weird and Wacky Wednesday: Tattoos

Heyoo!

I have always been fascinated by tattoos, and whenever I see someone on the street or in a store with tattoos, I always try and get a closer look to see what it may be. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to tattoos I like! And I have already planned out all the tattoos I want to get in the future, and I'm going to share my ideas with you guys!

1. Tattoo: 5 point star

Location: wrist
Reason: I have had 5 sponsored children, all from different countries, but even though we are far away from each other we still all look at the same stars. (cheesy, I know, but I love it. Simple, but meaningful.)

2. Tattoo: The Jesus fish (Ichthys)
Location: ribs
Reason: Ichthys means Jesus Christ, God's Son, Saviour. The fish is a Christian symbol that in the early days Christians would use to identify each other. One person would draw the first line, and if the second person drew the second line to complete the fish, they would know that they were both Christians. It's basically a means of identifying as a follower of Christ! 

3. Tattoo: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13) in Spanish
Location: shoulder
Reason: This is my favourite Bible verse. It is such a reminder that I can't rely on myself in tough times, but I CAN rely on God! It will be in Spanish because one of my sponsored children, Madeley, sent me this exact verse in Spanish saying it was her favourite verse as well.

4. Tattoo: Psalm 40:1-3
Location: foot
Reason: Another of my favourite Bible verses! I want it on my foot because it talks about God setting my feet on a rock for a firm place to stand!

5. Tattoo: "Yeah, the road gets harder, but it's not much farther. It's gonna be alright."

Location: back
Reason: This is a line from one of my favourite NEEDTOBREATHE songs, More Time (link: lyric video of the song). It's just super inspirational and encouraging and I love it! The road is always going to get harder, but you just gotta keep going! (For those of you who don't know, NEEDTOBREATHE is the best band ever and you should totally listen to them because they are actually incredible.)

6. Tattoo: Treble clef turning into a staff
Location: starting behind ear and going down neck
Reason: Music is a HUGE part of my life, and I can't imagine my life without it. It really calms me when I'm feeling anxious.

7. Tattoo: OUTSIDER

Location: forearm
Reason: Yet another NEEDTOBREATHE-themed tattoo. They are seriously my favourite band. Their song, The Outsiders (link: live acoustic version on a radio show), is my all-time favourite song - not just by them, but literally of all time - the first time I heard it it really stood out to me! I don't know exactly what their meaning behind it is, but my interpretation is that as Christians, we are outsiders because we are set apart. People will always be looking down upon us, but we are called to love everyone no matter what they do. This tattoo will be a reminder to me that I am an Outsider, and that's ok, because God will always love me. I'm not very good at putting my thoughts into words, so sorry if that didn't make much sense.

Alright guys! Sorry that this is up really late! I had a super busy day but I wanted to put this up for you so I'm finishing writing at 2am. 

I hope you liked this post and if you have any further questions about why I chose these particular tattoo ideas, please leave a comment below and I'll try my best to answer!

Also, leave a comment with tattoo ideas that you have for yourselves, or tattoos that you already have! As a tattoo enthusiast, I'd love to hear about yours!

Talk to you tomorrow!

xoxo Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment